Cancer is one of the leading causes of death today and it consequently brings dread to the heart of the people who are diagnosed with it. This disease generally develops over many years and there are various reasons that increase your risk of getting it. Thankfully, there are quite a few things you could do to prevent and fight cancer, according to current health news. It is an understatement to say that this will save you a great deal of pain and money, and even your life.
The top 5 anti-cancer tips you should follow are:
1. Follow the right diet: Eat dark green vegetables for the magnesium they contain. Magnesium helps prevent cells replicating unnecessarily. Calcium, contained in dairy products, helps prevent the development of certain types of precancerous cells. Fruits and vegetables contain lots of anti-oxidants that help maintain your body’s immunity.
2. Stay away from products containing tobacco: Whether you smoke or chew it, tobacco has the ability to irritate the cells of the body that it comes in contact with. There is a strong correlation between tobacco use and cancers of the lung, oral cavity, esophagus and stomach etc.
3. Never neglect any unusual pain or bleeding: Any changes in how the body functions can indicate the presence of cancer. You should get a doctor to examine you in order to eliminate cancer as a possible cause. In fact, if you can detect the cancer as early as possible then you have a good chance of defeating it by starting the best possible treatment protocol.
4. Lose at least 10-15 pounds: This is especially relevant if you are a woman because excess fat cells increase the body’s production of female hormones. When the body is loaded with these hormones there is increased risk of getting cervical, breast, ovarian, endometrial or pancreatic cancers. Even men are at greater risk of getting cancer if they are overweight.
5. Reduce your exposure to radiation: Try to avoid getting x-rays and scans unless they are absolutely necessary. You should also avoid talking on your cellphone for extended periods because certain studies indicate that prolonged exposure to microwaves can result in malignant brain tumors.
It is best to maintain a healthy lifestyle in all possible ways because this will reduce your cancer risk. You will also be able to get better results from your cancer treatment if you take good care of your health by eating healthy food and avoiding substances such as alcohol and tobacco.
According to the current health news [http://healthfactscare.com], it is possible to manage cancer easily by changing one’s lifestyle. Get useful tips to prevent and fight cancer.